Holoview + bokeh image interpolation

The following code almost does what I need

img = hv.Image(Semb.T)
img.opts(aspect='equal',width=400,height=400, cmap='jet')

The only thing missing here is to interpolate the image because it looks very coarse.
In matplotlib i could do plt.imshow(…,interpolation=‘sinc’)

How do i add such interpolation in the above holoviews/bokeh example?

Thanks

Just FYI @Bokeh_coder there are probably better venues to ask Holoviews questions, such as the Pyviz gitter channel (I don’t know the answer to this, e.g.)

ok, thanks - i will try that

Hi @Bokeh_coder did you find a way to figure out how interpolate the image?

Hello everyone, has anybody found how to do interpolation for Image object?

The Bokeh Image object does no currently expose any of the canvas interpolation options at the user level. For most scientific/analytical plotting, interpolating an image is specifically the wrong thing to do, so there has never been any priority to make this configurable.

For now you will need to do anything like upscaling and then interpolating as pre-processing, before sending to Bokeh. You can file a GitHub Issue to suggest exposing interpolation as a configurable option but I can’t make any speculation as to when it might be looked at.

There was a mention of this here along with Bryan saying what would need doing in some more detail…

I’m sure I saw a PR for it at some point but I looked again a couple of months later and it had gone or I’d imagined it.

FWIW I don’t recall there ever being a PR for this.

Thank you for the answers!