How to change font_name and font_size of labels of the checkboxgroup widget

Hi,

I would like to change the font_name and font_size of the labels for my checkboxgroup widgets. I know we can change the size(height/width) of the widget but it does not affect the label size.

Below is a simple example.

from bokeh.plotting import output_file, show
from bokeh.models.widgets import CheckboxGroup
from bokeh.layouts import layout

checkbox_group1 = CheckboxGroup(labels=['Yandi'], active=[], background='red', margin=(0, 0, 2, 0), height=15, max_width=80)
checkbox_group2 = CheckboxGroup(labels=['Tom Price'], active=[], background='blue', margin=(0, 0, 2, 0))
checkbox_group3 = CheckboxGroup(labels=['Hope Downs 1'], active=[], background='green', margin=(0, 0, 2, 0))

l = layout([
    [[checkbox_group1, checkbox_group2, checkbox_group3]],
])

output_file("checkbox_groups.html", title="checkbox groups", mode='inline')
show(l)

Is it possible to change the size and font of the labels?

Thanks

There is not currently and API to control this. The only means would be to target CSS. You can add CSS classes to the widgets setting the css_classes property on them, then using CSS rules to change the appearance. You could provide a custom output template with your stylesheet to use with file_html or alternatively you should be able to set the css_raw property of the BokehJS resources you are using (inline or cdn) to add CSS rules.

Edit: here is a concrete example of employing css_classes:

Hi Brian,

I ran the example above but I am not sure what the output should be. I get the following output:

I am assuming that the texts should have border and colours. Is that right?
Have you got a screenshot of the output?
I am using Bokeh 2.3.1 and the browser is Microsoft Edge.